Hummel Group is an independent insurance agency with 8 locations in Ohio and Indiana. Our team is seeking a full-time Agriculture Account Manager in our Berlin, Orrville, or Wooster, Ohio location.
As an Agriculture Account Manager:
- Provides technical support to Risk Advisors and Account Executives; specifically, in analyzing client needs, coverage forms and quotes.
- Maintains a 95% policy and premium retention on an annual basis of the entire Agriculture Account client book.
- Research accounts and service questions to support Risk Advisors and Account Executives.
- Alerts the Risk Advisors and Account Executives of every available opportunity to develop new accounts and new lines of coverage for existing accounts.
- Refers current and prospective clients to other services within to Hummel Group.
- Assists clients with making changes to their policy.
- Reviews clients entire account with them upon each contact to ensure account is up-to-date and no other services are needed.
- Identifies exposure to loss and recommends appropriate coverages.
- Request renewal quotes from insurance carries, creates renewal proposals and handles other renewal activities in coordination with the Risk Advisor.
- Responsible for ensuring the client’s premiums are accurate and requoting/rewriting if necessary.
- Serves as a backup to sales and claims staff, as needed.
- Supports and adheres to agency goals and objectives to place and retain business with our clients.
- Supports and adheres to procedures to minimize the agency’s error and omission exposure.
- Provides outstanding customer service, teamwork and assist others in acquiring and perfecting these skills.
- Travels offsite to meet with clients and insurance company underwriters.
A Successful Account Manager:
- Keeps the client at the center of his/her work and builds trustworthy relationships with clients.
- High technical; displays strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates high integrity.
- Enjoys interacting with clients.
- Values teamwork and selflessness.
- Is self-motivated and acts with urgency.
- Works independently and makes decisive decisions.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Agriculture products and previous experience in personal insurance accounts.
- College Degree is preferred.
- Must obtain State licensure for property and casualty before date of hire is scheduled.
- Must maintain ongoing education to keep licensure current.
- Must have a current driver license and an insurable driving record.
Total Rewards at Hummel Group
Hummel Group offers a list of competitive compensation and benefits to meet the needs of all employees. Click here to review our benefit offerings.