This stage of life usually involves some asset growth and the need to merge two separate budgets. We'll remind these clients of the importance of living within their means as they save for the future. We'll help with planning whether to maintain separate or joint accounts, costs associated with having a family, and we'll go over the assets and liabilities each person brings to the marriage. Ideally we would have started these conversations with an On Your Own package for each person, but new clients will benefit too.
The Tying the Knot package includes an initial in-person planning meeting, a customized financial plan and checklist, and one year of follow-up services.
Package Fee: $75/mo.
Services provided include:
- New household review (merged benefits, merged assets)
- Discussion of your financial priorities
- Statement of assets and liabilities
- Debt review
- Employee benefits review
- Emergency savings review
- Major purchase review
- Income protection analysis
- Survivor needs analysis
- Income tax review
- Action checklist
Optional add-ons for this package include:
- Detailed budget: $250
- Student loan review: $200
- Investment allocation plan: $250
- Education funding review (funding options, college expense report, gifting options): $300
The “Tying the Knot” Package makes a great gift for engaged couples or newlyweds. Contact us and ask about giving a gift that lasts a lifetime!