Hummel Group is an independent insurance agency with 6 locations in Ohio and Indiana. Our growing team is seeking a full-time Account Manager to join our Benefits department.
As a Benefits Account Manager, you will:
- Act as liaison between the insurance carrier and the client’s human resources department, management, and staff.
- Answer daily questions and requests while resolving client issues including but not limited to coverage changes, claims, and billing.
- Follow up with clients and carriers on paperwork, status of applications or changes, and other marketing and processing work.
- Work closely with Account Executive and Risk Advisor throughout the sales process from prospect phase through client implementation phase.
- Handle walk-in client meetings as needed.
- Act as a facilitator between clients and insurance carriers on high-level and complicated claim situations.
- Assist with illustrations, proposals, and spreadsheets for Risk Advisor and Account Executives as needed.
- Organize and schedules reviews for existing clients based on renewal review schedule.
- Support and adhere to procedures to minimize the agency’s errors and omissions exposure.
- Strive to maintain positive relationships with personnel at client firms to assure retention of the accounts.
A Successful Employee:
- Keeps the client at the center of his/her work and builds trustworthy relationships with clients.
- Highly technical; displays strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates high integrity.
- Enjoys interacting with clients.
- Values teamwork and selflessness.
- Is self-motivated and acts with urgency.
- Works independently and makes decisive decisions.
- Must obtain State of Ohio licensure for Life and Health before employment beginnings.
- High school diploma.
- Valid driver’s license.
Total Rewards at Hummel Group
Hummel Group offers a list of competitive compensation and benefits to meet the needs of all employees. Click here to review our benefit offerings.