Get Affordable Insurance for Your Farm or Ranch

Enjoy better coverage & lower rates.

Call 800-860-1060 or click "Contact Us" to request a quote.


We Shop for You! Compare Rates From Top Farm Insurance Companies

The Hummel Group is an independent insurance agency, specializing in farm & ranch insurance for Midwest USA states.  From family farms, ranches, containment operations, hobby farms, to large commercial farming operations, and more, we will customize programs to make sure your farm is fully protected. Our farm insurance experts work with you to develop a timeline that addresses changing needs for farm equipment and building values. Best of all - we do this at no cost to you! 

From dealing with the EPA to having special coverage that allows you to rent a replacement machine in the event your equipment ingests a rock or fence post, we have agents that specialize in the small details that make farm insurance unique.  As an independent agency, we represent many highly rated farm insurance companies, giving you access to more options and competitive pricing. We serve the entire midwest region. Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Kansas, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Missouri & more.

Involved in Truck/Tractor Pulling Competitions?
Many of our farming clients love to compete in truck and tractor pulling competitions, and we've developed a special insurance program just for their pulling equipment. Click below to learn more about it!
gain fresh Ideas & Innovative Solutions
  • Agriculture Drone and Irrigation System on Farm

​​​You don't just need insurance. You need an expert partner who "gets it". Who listens, cares & provides fresh ideas and innovative solutions to the issues that keep you up at night. And that's what Hummel's farm insurance agents specialize in!  

  • Frustrated by the complexity of your current policy?

  • Afraid you're over-paying for your farm insurance?

  • Not sure if all your farming liabilities are covered?

  • Worried about the future of your farm in today's uncertain climate?

  • Hard to get straight answers & phone calls returned from your current insurance agent?

  • Not sure how to successfully transition your farm to the next generation?

Get answers to these questions and more like them - contact us today!

Better Coverage - Lower Rates
"Hummel Group helped get us premium rates that were 30% of the rates we were previously paying. On top of that, our previous coverage was for liability coverage only and with the policy Hummel Group found got us full coverage on a large part of our fleet, and still have a drastic reduction in premiums. I would recommend any company who's shopping insurance companies to Hummel. The people there have an in-depth working knowledge of the industry and its challenges." - Durrel Eby - Clearville, PA
Earning Your Trust Since 1957

Since 1957, Hummel has been building its business on its uncompromising values of integrity, trust & hard work.
When it comes to insurance for farms, this means that your Hummel risk advisor is going to provide you with a custom-tailored plan that's best for you, not our company. We're in the business of trust-building, not selling policies.

Hummel Group is a Trusted Choice Independent Agency. 
To learn more about what this means for you, take a look at the Trusted Choice Pledge of Performance by clicking the Trusted Choice logo.

Claims Service You Can Count On.
If you need to submit a claim, you get one of our full-time claim specialists to advocate for you with the insurance company and support you through the entire process, step-by-step.

Meet Our Farm Insurance Experts
Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have coverage for underground pollution if a gas well is on my property?

No. Most farm policies have “business pursuits” and “Other than farming” exclusions. It’s often a good practice to carefully review your lease terms if a drill site is being located on a property.

I am going to sell produce on my farm. Do I have coverage?

This type of custom farming must be endorsed on the policy for proper coverage. If your agent doesn’t know about it, you can be exposed to an uncovered claim.

I board my neighbor’s horse, do I have coverage?

Horse boarding requires an additional endorsement at an additional cost. Speak with our agents to get this coverage secured as soon as possible if you are boarding horses.

My cow escaped from pasture and hit a vehicle, do I have coverage?

Your farm policy will provide liability coverage to the damages of the vehicle in this instance, and any injuries sustained. Coverage for the cow depends on your farm insurance. This is why it’s important to go over the particulars of your farm with an experienced agent.

Why is my home/barn insured for so much?

Your insurance will provide the amount of money needed to rebuild the structure from scratch if they were completely destroyed. That’s why your insurance will not necessarily follow the market value of your farm—the cost to buy the structure is not the same to rebuild it.

Is my ATV covered?

Let your agent know about any ATVs to discuss options, but generally farm policies must have ATVs scheduled for off premises liability and physical damage coverage.

Do I have coverage for milk contamination

A run of bad milk can easily contaminate the entire milk truck, but the damage to others milk is typically covered by your liability.

Is my tractor covered for liability while it's on the road?

Our farm programs do provide this coverage to make sure your farm equipment can stay mobile between multiple locations.

Get in touch with one of our commercial farming risk advisors to talk through any issues you're facing and how to insure your business the right way.
Service Area

Our offices are in Ohio and Indiana but we serve dairy farms, ranches, grain farms, fruit & vegetable farms, livestock operations, pig farms, poultry farms, aquaculture operations, and many more ag-related clients across the entire Midwest US region: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia & beyond.

Although a bulk of our clients are in the states listed above, we also write policies in all 48 contiguous states.  So no matter where you are, please reach out so we can help you!

The Next Step is Easy

Call us at 800-860-1060 or send us a message.